"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life."
--Source unknown
--Source unknown
Of all the reasons I like to feature productivity and time-management tips, there's one that towers above the rest: I want you to have a higher quality of life.If you're intent on becoming more productive just so you have more time to work, then you might want to slow down and examine your priorities. "I'll rest when I'm rich" is the quickest way to make sure you earn a living without having a life.
Just about seven years ago this month, a friend of mine had a heart attack. Was it from smoking? Bad diet? Absolutely not. He was the picture of health. (In fact, He had the heart attack while cycling.)
The culprit? Workaholism. Pure business-driven stress.
That experience helped me reframe my entire perspective on what it meant to earn a living versus "have a life." It was part of the reason I started this blog. I wanted a project that would help others, and that I could also enjoy along the way.
To have a life, you must enjoy the process of living. You must be able to balance your drive for financial and professional gain with your reasons for living in the first place-- family, friends, and the simplest pleasures of being alive.
Part of working smarter is... not working. Work smarter so the work is not so hard. Work smarter so the day is not so long. Work smarter so you can fill more of the day with the people you value.
This applies to Real Estate, When selling your home, let someone else do the work, you look for a journeyman plummer when you have a leaky pipe, you find an electrician with a faulty wire, why not use someone who is trained to sell your home for you. Just a thought!

No comments:
Post a Comment